Easy Homemade Pumpkin Puree, with no additives, no sodium, and no food color added just pure Pumpkin. Again, healthy ingredients will bring healthy food to your healthy family.
Is Pumpkin good for you?
Pumpkin is an excellent source of potassium, calcium, magnesium, and zinc. It also contains some vitamins E, C, and B. Pumpkin is not only the best food your child needs to grow but also a great food for your immune system, protect your eyesight, lower your risk of certain cancers and promote heart and skin health.
You can more information about 9 Impressive Health Benefits of Pumpkin here.
How to make Homemade Pumpkin Puree?
(*Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!)
I always make my Pumpkin Puree at home, with no additives, no sodium, and no food color added, just simple with Pumpkin, for all of my pumpkin cake, muffin, bread, or pie recipes. It’s healthier and fresher for my little 1-year-old toddler and loved ones.
There are 2 methods to make your Homemade Pumpkin Puree: Boiled Pumpkin Puree and Roasted Pumpkin Puree.
Both methods are easy to make and get the same result – which is smooth and natural sweet puree. However, I would prefer Boiled Pumpkin Puree since it is quicker and simpler to make. This method just takes me 10 to 15 minutes to do while the roasting method takes around 40 to 60 minutes for baking the pumpkin in the oven.
You can try both methods to find out which ones suit you and your recipes. Let me know in the comment your experience on both ways 🙂
Here are some recipes with Homemade Pumpkin Pure
How to store Homemade Pumpkin Puree?
Place unused puree in a glass or plastic container and refrigerate for up to 7 days.
To freeze the puree place it in an airtight freezer-safe container and it will last for 3 to 4 months in the freezer. Thaw frozen pumpkin puree container at room temperature before using. You will see a little liquid may separate, don’t worry, just stir it back into the puree.
RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT: I am totally in love with my airtight freezer-safe container (affiliate link).
Homemade Pumpkin Puree (2 ways)
- 1 kilo pumpkin
- 1 cup water
BOILED PUMPKIN PUREE METHOD
- Clean and chop pumpkin into 1-2 inch size pieces
- Place in a large pot, add water, cover the pot and bring to a boil, continue boil with low heat until it’s cooked and soft. It might take around 15 to 20 minutes, depends on how thick your pumpkin pieces
- Drain and place in a blender, blend until smooth or you can just mash it with a fork until it's become a smooth texture.
- Let it cool before puree it in a blender or food processor or mash it with a fork.
ROASTED PUMPKIN PUREE METHOD
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Slice the pumpkin in half, be sure to cut crosswise through the stem then scoop out the seeds and strings.
- Place the halves, cut-side down, on a baking sheet.
- Roast for approximately 40-60 minutes, or until tender.