These 10-minutes Banana Oatmeal Pancakes are healthy and family-friendly breakfasts. Kids love it, grown-ups love it… and most of all, you can make it in no time. This recipe is suitable for all that are seeking a gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, and absolutely delicious meal. Just blend, cook and serve!
Healthy | Kid Snacks | Gluten-free | Dairy-free | Sugar-free
Are Banana Oatmeal Pancakes healthy?
Banana Oatmeal Pancakes are delicious healthy pancakes that are gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free. There’s no butter or oil, no flour, no added sugar in these pancakes. So these pancakes are perfect for just about everyone.
Oat and oatmeal can be eaten every day. Oats are rich in fiber, vitamins, healthy oils, and antioxidants that are good for you and your children. This Banana Oatmeal Pancakes recipe will be the perfect nutritious breakfast for your family.
Ingredients for Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
*Please check out the recipe card at the end of this blog post for the full recipe and amounts for each ingredient.
- Oats/Oatmeal – Rolled oats (old-fashioned) and Quick oats will work well in this recipe. Instant oats and Steel-cut oats won’t work. If you are on a gluten-free diet, just make 100% sure your oatmeal is gluten-free before proceeding
- Banana – the banana gives the pancakes a nice sweetness and a nice texture. The best when using ripe bananas with lots of brown spots on their skin.
- Egg – the egg adds protein, healthy fats and makes the pancakes fluff up a bit. However, if you are vegan, you replace the egg with some chia eggs.
- Milk – I use unsweetened almond milk, but you could use any dairy-free milk and cow’s milk.
How to make Banana Oatmeal Pancakes from scratch?
(*Be sure to see the recipe card with a printable version below for full ingredients & instructions!)
- Blend: Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and thick.
- Cook: Pour spoonfuls of the batter in a drop of oil in a non-stick frying pan set over medium-high heat until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. If your batter is too thick, simply add a splash of milk to thin it out a bit.
- Serve with maple syrup/honey and fresh fruit.
Watch How To Make Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel to watch my NEW Healthy Recipes Videos every week.
More Easy Healthy Breakfast Recipes Your Family might like
Can I freeze Banana Oatmeal Pancakes?
Yes, you can freeze it.
This Oat Pancakes recipe is so quick and easy to make, just takes you 5 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook. However, if you are so busy and really want to make your pancakes in advance from the night before and serve them at a later date, place them in freezer-safe containers and freeze for up to 3 months.
Thaw Banana Oatmeal Pancakes at room temperature before warming them up in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
Commonly Asked Questions
HOW TO MAKE BANANA OATMEAL PANCAKES WITHOUT EGGS?
You could replace the egg with some chia eggs.
A chia egg is simply a gelatinous mixture between whole chia seeds and water and is considered an alternative solution for ordinary eggs. The chia egg mixture would provide us with a texture that is similar to the texture of an egg.
This simple, natural ingredient would work well in muffins, cookies, or pancakes. The full recipe and step-by-step instructions to make Chia Eggs here
HOW TO MAKE BANANA OATMEAL PANCAKES FOR THE BABY?
This Banana Oatmeal Pancake recipe is a good breakfast or snack for your babies or toddlers. Personally, my 13-month-old baby really enjoyed it for her breakfast.
You can serve these pancakes plain or topped with a little nut butter or yogurt or even with a fruit puree for dipping. Kiddos love to dip!
If you don’t want too much sweetness in your kiddos’ pancakes (because the banana is already sweet enough), you could reduce the amount of honey in this recipe or simply skip it.
HOW TO MAKE BANANA OATMEAL PANCAKES WITHOUT A BLENDER?
No blender, No problem. You can use a fork to mash the ripe banana. Then whisk in the eggs, oats, nut milk, and honey (optional) until smooth. After preparing the batter, cook it in a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat.
BANANA OATMEAL PANCAKES (Gluten-Free)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 ½ cup quick oats or rolled oats
- ½ cup almond milk , unsweetened
- 1 big-sized egg
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup (optional)
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- A pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and thick.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and add butter.
- Fry spoonfuls of the batter until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with honey or maple syrup and the fresh fruit of your choice.
Watch How to do it
- The batter is too thick? just add a splash of milk to thin it.
- Serve: You can serve these pancakes plain, topped with a little nut butter or yogurt, or even with a fruit puree or dipping. Kids love to dip!
- More flavor: You could add ground cinnamon or some chocolate chip in the batter if you desire.
- Store: The pancakes tend to get hard as they sit in the fridge so when you are ready to enjoy them, you can quickly pop them up in the toaster oven or microwave to warm them up.
- Make ahead: If you are so busy and really want to make your pancakes in advance from the night before and serve them at a later date, place them in freezer-safe containers and freeze them for up to 3 months. Thaw Banana Oatmeal Pancakes at room temperature before warming them up in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
Want to save this for later? Pin 1 of 2 images below!
GET YOUR FREEBIES HERE!
(WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER & GROCERY LIST PRINTABLE TEMPLATES)
Plus MY latest recipes and videos are delivered right to YOUR inbox.
Never miss a thing!