Healthy Zucchini Walnut Bread
Simple to make and even more delicious to eat, this moist Zucchini Bread is perfectly fresh and tasty.
- 1½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅓ cup melted refined coconut oil
- 1 big-sized egg
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cup shredded zucchini (1 large or 2 small zucchini)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350°F (or 180°C)
Grease a 9-inch loaf pan with coconut oil, butter or cooking spray.
Grate zucchini on the small holes of a box grater. Set aside.
DRY INGREDIENTS: In a medium bowl, combine whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. WET INGREDIENTS: In a large bowl, combine egg, melted refined coconut oil, honey, unsweetened almond milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk together and then add the grated zucchini. Mix well.
Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and stir until everything is just combined and you have a nice thick batter.
Add chopped walnuts to the batter and mix until evenly distributed.
Transfer batter into the prepared loaf pan and top with extra walnuts (if desired!).
Bake for 30 minutes or until set through and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack.
Cut, serve, and enjoy!
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE: You will also love my Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins, Carrot Muffins, Banana Nut Muffins and Vegan Pumpkin Bread
RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT: I am totally in love with my 9-Inch Loaf Pan (affiliate link).
- Leave the skin on when preparing zucchini to get all its wonderful vitamins and nutrients
- Don’t squeeze the zucchini once you have grated it, it helps your loaf get all that moisture.
- Storage: Keep well around 3 days at room temperature, up to a week in the fridge, and 3 months frozen.